Tuesday 28 August 2007

The Beginning

11 August 2006

"Thank you for auditioning for the Malaysian Philharmonic Youth Orchestra(MPYO) . On behalf of the Principal Conductor, Kevin Field, I am delighted to inform you that you have been selected to be a member of the orchestra. "

I bet all of MPYO members read this little passage before. Well. I did. hahaha.

One year ago.

Just doing the same routine every single day, went to school, gone home. Study. practice. nothing special. But on this very moment. it changes everything. As usual, came back from school, my stomach's grumbling and craving for mommy's home cooked meal. Normally, I'll leave the mail box for daddy dearest ,for its always filled with their letters instead of mine. however today, I felt a little urge to open the mail box and my sixth sense did not went wrong ..there it lays..the white, green , purple envelope. screaming "OPEN ME!!!"

There I stood in front of the mailbox, tearing the envelope open. Nothing came out from my vocal cord for a second . not a single cry. THEN

*AHHHHHHHHHHH!! OH MY GOD!! I GOT IN!!! FIRST VIOLIN"

it was one glorious moment, even though daddy did not say a word, but I can see his eyes shone as brightly as ever, Being proud of her daughter. :)

Mom got the news as soon as I got in the house. hahaha. "Congratulations my dear! you gotta work even harder now" I didn't know why she said that, but, oh. I'm happy. Called up Duncan later and learned that he got in as well~ co- principal for Second Violin! *jiarong got jealous* haha. nah. I'm Glad for him~ I practically called everyone that I know who went for audition, some got in, some did not. the other person who was happy for me and Duncan would be our beloved teacher of coz - Gosia.

I was in such a high spirit that day, nothing can bring me down. nothing, nothing at all. Knowing that I would finally get to work with brilliant MPO players and also working with Kevin Field again. On top of that, playing together with whole talented lots will definitely be different than playing in National Youth Orchestra. I would no longer have to play simple pieces because the other are not able to catch up .. Although I have played with quite a few orchestra, but this time it will be the first time I played with a 110 people orchestra. FUN! What a challenge!

That was my little story. What about yours?

0 comments:

 

Tribal Council © 2008. Design By: SkinCorner